Which types of property can a residential bridging loan be secured on? 

You can secure a residential bridging loan on the following types of property as long as you or members of your family don’t intend to live in them: 

  • bungalows
  • development projects
  • flats
  • houses
  • maisonettes
  • restoration projects
  • self builds
  • semi commercial (where a minimum of 40% of available space is used for residential purposes) 

Particularly for development projects, you may struggle to find a mortgage because of a property’s current state of repair. 

With a residential bridging loan, you are able to purchase the property and fund the renovation. Following completion of the building works, you then apply for a buy-to-let or HMO mortgage to pay back the bridging loan.


We use cookies. By using the website you agree with our use of cookies. For more information, please read our privacy policy.

Okay, got it!