What is a Self-build Regulated Bridging Loan?

Borrowers apply for a regulated bridging loan to fund the building and completion of self-build homes (including barn conversions) when they intend to move into the property after the work is finished. 

You will almost certainly need planning permission to build a residential property on a plot of land before applying for a regulated bridging loan. If you wish to purchase land which currently does not have planning permission to build a home, please speak to us about unregulated residential bridging loans instead.

To repay a regulated bridging loan for a self-build project, you will need to secure a standard mortgage on the property on completion which you would then use to pay off the bridging loan in full.


We use cookies. By using the website you agree with our use of cookies. For more information, please read our privacy policy.

Okay, got it!